Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Apple Redux

This assignment wasn't easy for me, since most of the well branded companies I admire are too small to advertise outside of their fields. (I love your logo, Raw Dog Screaming Press!) So I'm recycling content and using an ad I already discussed in this post back in September, but Apple is a very well branded company and this ad makes good use of that. I'm going with it.



This particular ad relies on the viewer's familiarity not only with the brand, but with the product. There's very little specific information in the ad, only what's necessary to point out the new feature. Instead, we see the iPhone, and we're meant to instantly recognize it and know who produces it, which is why the Apple logo itself only appears, small, at the bottom of the page. That's a perfectly valid choice for a brand as established as Apple, though. Assuming the viewer's familiarity and skipping the introductions sends an air of confidence. Apple wants to be seen as both familiar and strong, and that comes through in this ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment