Monday, October 11, 2010

ID IRL

The grounding I've received in InDesign from PBDS 501 has pretty much single-handedly made it possible for me to do the assignments in PBDS 502, so if this assignment is an attempt to get feedback on an unasked question about curriculum design, then yes, starting the semester with InDesign was definitely the right choice.

As I've said before, InDesign is good software in its own right, and it's the industry standard, so using it for the graphic design assignments in the other class only makes sense. It allows me to get the hands-on, goal-oriented experience I need to become not only knowledgeable about the software, but comfortable with its use.

And because InDesign is such good software, and so well suited to its task, it makes it easier to be creative in the assignments. I've started taking more risks and being more experimental, trying to find which approaches are most successful, because I know that if something doesn't come out right I can scrap it and start over without wasting too much time. I'm glad to gain the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment